Relationship akin to marriage

Akin to marriage means living prior and after our wedding which we didand for th

relationship akin to marriage

In filing for a UK Unmarried Partner Visa in the Philippines, the most important requirement is that the relationship of the parties must be akin to marriage. "Unmarried partner" signifies someone who is in a stable, long-term relationship ( or partnership) but is not legally married. It would appear. relationships, were recognised in the Immigration Rules until . parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage which.

Appropriate evidence can include: As mentioned above, this can be a room or rooms in a shared house as long as those rooms are for the exclusive use of the couple. English language requirements If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country or do not have a degree taught in English, you must pass an acceptable English language test with one of our approved test providers please refer to the list of acceptable tests.

Privacy and Cookies

In the test, you will need to demonstrate a basic command of English speaking and listening to at least level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference. Supporting Documents In order to be able to demonstrate that you satisfy the above requirements, you will need to provide supporting documentation. Please note it is often the case the application is refused simply owing to a lack of supporting evidence so it is important to be thorough in preparing this type of application.

Although the refusal of an unmarried partner visa triggers a right of appeal, the appeal process can take many months to be considered by the Immigration and Asylum Chamber IAC and therefore it is crucial that the application is well-prepared from the outset.

Switching Rules It is important to note that applicants entering the UK for the first time on the basis of their partnership to a settled person must apply for Entry Clearance.

However those already in the UK on a valid visa of more than six months validity this will normally exclude short-term category visas such as visitor or short- term students may qualify to apply to extend or vary their leave in the UK on the basis of partnership with a settled person in the UK. It is again advisable to seek legal advice should you require clarification of your own visa status and whether you are permitted to extend or vary your leave in the UK.

Not ready for marriage, but want to join your partner in the UK?

Indefinite leave to remain If your application is successful under this category, you will be granted permission to live and work in the UK for a period of 33 months for entry clearance applications or 30 months for leave to remain applications. There must also be a continued intention to live permanently with each other and the minimum income and adequate accommodation requirements will also need to be satisfied.

Under EEA Regulations 2. It will be best if the bills are joint, but you can also have separate accounts as long as it shows the same address.

relationship akin to marriage

Age Restriction You and your partner have to be 18 years or older in order to apply. Financial Requirement There is a financial requirement, and a minimum income threshold is required in order to sponsor the settlement of the partner.

There is also a higher threshold for any children, also sponsored. If your partner is a British citizen, you will have to fulfil the financial requirement. If the partner present and settled in the UK is the holder of an Ancestry Visa, you will not need to fulfil the minimum income criteria.

relationship akin to marriage

In cases where the partner is a Tier 1 or Tier 2 holder, the maintenance requirement of those visas will have to be fulfilled. Same-sex Relationships The Unmarried Partner Visa is available to persons in both heterosexual and same-sex relationships. The right to work If you are successful in obtaining your visa, there will be no work restrictions on your stay. This is one of the main advantages of this visa, and you will be able to be employed, self-employed or combine the two.